Kruger Park - Jan 2016

Posted by Anna-Louw van Rooijen Anna-Louw van Rooijen
It's taken me a ridiculous amount of time to get this post out - mainly because I've only just gotten round to finally editing my photos from our 2 week camping trip to Kruger earlier this year.

The Park was hellishly hot and dry, but man, I still can't get enough of this very special corner of the world. We did a north-to-south trip, staying over at Shingwedzi, Maroela and Lower Sabie. Some of our very special sightings included a stalking leopard all to ourselves, baby elephants being the biggest dorks in the mud, a black mamba (first time seeing one in the wild!), and birds too numerous too mention here without this post getting too long.

Although it was tough to see the extremes caused by the drought, it was also humbling to witness the resilience of nature. At the end of the day, it's essential for maintaining the Park's ecosystem in the long term. Some welcome rain has fallen since, and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Kruger in all its natural splendour again soon.

Here are some of my favourites. Enjoy!